This workshop will help you to understand how to continuously improve your team performance by ensuring the team share clear goals. You will understand the drivers of performance and motivation of individuals within teams and causes of satisfaction and dis-satisfaction.
CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management
CMI Level 5 is designed for organisations and individuals who wish to develop their management skills and attain a solid foundation from which to progress to become organisational leaders.
- Organisations benefit from developing selected employees in leadership and management skills, with practical work based assignments to demonstrate application of the learning outcomes.
- Individuals benefit from achieving a nationally recognised accreditation.
Each workshop module can be accredited with Chartered Management Institute Level 5 credits. Completing all 6 modules will enable achievement of the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership. This is a national qualification, equivalent to foundation degree level, focussing on developing core management skills.
- Includes membership of the Chartered Management Institute
Course Content and Delivery Dates
The Management and Leadership Programme comprises of 6 modules. These can be attended individually, gaining CMI credits for each module completed, or as a complete programme.
Each module is delivered in the same month each year on a rolling delivery schedule. You can join the Diploma at the start of any module and attend the modules you missed on the next rolling delivery.
The workshop module and start dates are shown below;
Leading Teams to Achieve Success
Developing Team Capability
Understanding how to manage teams effectively. Gain commitment for clear objectives , performance indicators and engagement.
Understanding the Team process skills and management competencies required to perform effectively. Methodology for developing team capability
Practical application of Continuous improvement methodology to identify root causes of problems and improve quality.
Management and Leadership Principles
Understanding different approaches to Manage and Lead people and the selecting the most appropriate leadership approach for the situation.
Approaches used to managing performance and enable employees to exceed expectations, including dealing with under performance
Managing Projects to achieve success
This module give you the methodology and techniques to manage projects successfully, using the industry standard PRINCE2 and how it can be scaled for small or large project. Option to also register for PRINCE2 Foundation
Inter-personal skills development
Identifying opportunities for personal development, by analysing own performance, decision making skills in different situational contexts
The programme of 7 modules is delivered each year, so delegates have flexible options for attendance;
- They can attend the complete programme from the first module through to the final module in one year.
- They can join during the delivery at the start of the next module, completing the remaining modules and then the previous modules on the next programme cycle.
- They can just attend individual modules.
- Each module will be delivered over 3*half days from 13.00pm to 17.00pm.
- Each module is delivered as a block and is structured to enable the assignment to be completed as the module progresses;
- Delegates apply the methodologies to work based assignments, which are submitted to evidence the learning outcomes of the module. (If they want to achieve CMI level 5 credits)