Overview and Accreditation
This is a Master’s level programme for aspiring senior managers that want to develop their strategic management and leadership capability to lead business improvements within their organisations.
- Completing all 6 modules will achieve the Chartered Management Institute Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership accreditation. This is the benchmark qualification for Chartered Manager status.
- Achieving Level 7 Diploma enables the option to progress onto the final year of a number of MBA courses, including the UCM/Chester University WBIS MBA.
Benefits of studying this qualification
- Improve your management and leadership capability.
- Improve your professional qualifications.
- Have the option of progression to the final year of the MBA.
- Fast track exemption route for Chartered Manager Status.
The level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership Programme comprises of 6 workshops. The workshops can be attended individually, gaining CMI credits for each module completed, or as a complete programme.
The workshop module and start dates are shown below;
Organisational Strategy and strategic planning
Evaluate strategic options, develop strategic objectives, create and implement strategic plans.
Directing and Implementing Strategic Projects
How best practice Project Management methodologies can be used to implement organisation wide improvements.
Option to gain the PRINCE2 accreditation.
Implementing Organisational Change
How to use organisational change models to increase the success of business change implementations.
Key financial analysis skills for making judgements on financial proposals.
Developing and motivating high performing teams
How to align team goals with strategic objectives, engage, develop and motivate people to achieve performance improvements.
Strategic Leadership Practice
Role of strategic leadership in achieving organisational objectives and how to adapt leadership styles and approaches for different situations.
The programme of 6 modules is delivered each year, so delegates have flexible options for attendance;
- Attend the complete programme from the first module through to the final module in one year.
- Join during the delivery at the start of the next module, completing the remaining modules and then the previous modules on the next programme cycle.
- Just attend individual modules.
Each module will be delivered weekly, 3*1/2 days from 13.00pm to 17.30pm.
- Delivered as a block and is structured to enable the assignment to be completed as the module progresses;
- Delegates apply the methodologies to work based assignments, which are submitted to evidence the learning outcomes of the module.