Applying lean methodology to improve business processes
Lean Management has evolved to the extent that organisations are successfully implementing lean principles to improve both service and efficiency in; Financial Services, Retailing, NHS and Government Departments all over the world.
This two-day workshop has been designed for individuals and teams that want to be able to apply a proven lean methodology to improve their processes.
Attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the lean principles and learn how to implement the methodology to improve both productivity and customer service.
The business simulation will help you understand the concepts of waste elimination, flow, pull, visual management and many others in a total business system context.
Who is it for?
Managers that have responsibility for operational and service improvement within their teams/departments, including;
- Operations Directors/General Managers
- Customer Service Managers
- Team Leaders
- Business Change Programme Managers
What are the Benefits?
By the end of the programme you will be able to;
- Understand how to improve efficiency, through reduced costs, without compromising service.
- Understand how to prioritise and select processes for improvement.
- Understand how to apply the lean methodology to identify and implement improvements to identified processes
- Source of competitive advantage
- Operational excellence, service excellence or product excellence?
- Translating competitive advantage into operational objectives
- quality, cost, speed, flexibility, dependability
- Lean Principles
- Scoping the process and agreeing objectives
- Understanding current process performance
- Process mapping to ‘understand’
- Understanding Demand and identifying ‘Runners’
- Understanding capacity and resource capability
- Identifying the 8 “waste’s” in the process
- Implementing the principles of lean thinking to achieve improvements in operational performance;
- Developing the Lean implementation plan