PRINCE2 Practitioner (2017 update) Online Module and Practitioner Exam
PRINCE2 Practitioner accreditation is recognised as an international standard of Project Management competence. This course covers all the requirements to achieve PRINCE2 Practitioner accreditation.
PRINCE2 Practitioner is the second of the two PRINCE2 examinations that candidates are required to pass to become an accredited PRINCE2 Practitioner. Achieving this level confirms the candidate could apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2.
PRINCE2 Practitioner 2017 Update
From January 1st 2018 Axelos will be implementing the PRINCE2 Practitioner 2017 Update, with an increased emphasis on:
- tailoring PRINCE2 to the needs of organizations and project environments
- principles that underpin PRINCE2
- greater clarity on the link between the themes and principles
- restructuring of the themes guidance to accommodate specific examples of tailoring
- practical application of guidance, with numerous examples, hints, and tips.
Axelos will be reducing the Practitioner certificate expiry period from 5 years to 3 years.
- At the end of the 3 years (or pre-2017 update expiry period) all candidates have to retake the full Practitioner exam to remain current.
Who is it for?
This qualification is aimed at Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers. The Practitioner accreditation is usually a requirement for organisations recruiting Project Managers, both permanent and contract positions.
Candidates have to have achieved the PRINCE2 Foundation certificate.
This course is also for those that need to take renew the Practitioner certificate at the expiry of the original 5 year period.
Practitioner online module 2017 Update
The online PRINCE2 Practitioner training module (12 month login license), will provide more detailed preparation for the Practitioner exam, with an explanation of:
- A structured walk-through of the PRINCE2 Processes, Themes and Principles of the entire PRINCE2 method.
- Practitioner scenario simulation case study
- Practitioner exam simulation
- Practitioner exam sample papers
Practitioner Exam 2017 Update
The PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is in the “Objective Testing” format, a style of complex multiple-choice examination. The exam structure is as follows:
- 68 questions per paper
- 38 marks or more required to pass (out of 68 available): approximately 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only).